Pulau Tidung

Last weekend, I went to one of the islands of A Thousand Islands which was Pulau Tidung (eng: Tidung Island). It was definitely a really fu...

Last weekend, I went to one of the islands of A Thousand Islands which was Pulau Tidung (eng: Tidung Island). It was definitely a really fun experience! It wasn't as what I was expecting, but that was worth it I guess. I spent two days and a night at the island. We had to wake up early in the morning so that we wouldn't miss the ship. I couldn't even think about being on the ship again because it was terrible, well when it was on the way to Jakarta it was fine. 

On the first day, after arriving we took some rest before heading to go snorkeling. I did snorkel, though I was really scared, because that was probably the only chance (and time) I would snorkel in my entire life. I had to try it no matter what. It was amazing. Still, I was really scared so I held my mom's hand the entire time we were in the sea (lmao).


The sea was so blue I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Unfortunately, I didn't take any underwater pictures (my brother has a GoPro though). 


 The snorkeling spot was a bit far from the island, it took some time to get there. 



 That bridge is called the 'Bridge of Love' or Jembatan Cinta as Indonesians would say. Most people (who had enough guts) jumped into the sea from the bridge. I, being the loser I was, didn't. 


We went to the beach after we were done snorkeling. The beach was alright. Many people are careless that they still throw trashes out in the sea. Like I honestly wouldn't do that for sure since clear seas are rarely to be found in the city I live in, wait I mean nice beaches don't exist in Jakarta. The sea was clear though, it was really saddening me that people were that careless. I had fun playing in the water though. I did take some pictures at the beach, it's coming up in the next post hopefully. 




At night we were served with grilled fish (that sounded really weird, how do you say it in english). I didn't eat any because I didn't like fish that much, besides, I wasn't hungry. It started to rain when we were about to leave the place where we ate. We went to sleep right after that (excluding me because I have some sleeping problems). 

The next day, we went cycling early in the morning to see the sunrise. At first, the sun was peeking out but then the clouds were covering it so that it was no longer there. I was really happy then disappointed. But it was expected since it has been raining a lot lately in my country. We went to another island which I didn't know what was the name of it, it was connected with Tidung Island by bridge so we didn't go by ship. 




I found some pretty cool plants I couldn't resist getting them photographed. 

That was the last day, we went back to Jakarta right after that. More pictures are coming so stay tuned! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments